FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Orthomolecular Medicine News Service, Jan 26, 2020
Vitamin C Protects Against Coronavirus
by Andrew W. Saul, Editor
(OMNS January 26, 2020) The coronavirus pandemic can be dramatically slowed, or stopped, with the immediate widespread use of high doses of vitamin C. Physicians have demonstrated the powerful antiviral action of vitamin C for decades. There has been a lack of media coverage of this effective and successful approach against viruses in general, and coronavirus in particular.
It is very important to maximize the body's anti-oxidative capacity and natural immunity to prevent and minimize symptoms when a virus attacks the human body. The host environment is crucial. Preventing is obviously easier than treating severe illness. But treat serious illness seriously. Do not hesitate to seek medical attention. It is not an either-or choice. Vitamin C can be used right along with medicines when they are indicated.
Could Our Alkalini-C Help?
The answer is yes. Please read the above news release from the Orthomolecular Medicine News Service. And then check below for my adapted protocol for anti-viral nutrient support which combines the recommendations of the Orthomolecular Medical Society and the teachings of my long-time mentor and noted medical authority, Dr. Russell Jaffe, MD, PhD.
Those of you that want more details on the use of vitamin C as an antiviral are also referred to our Alkaline for Life website where we will be posting several articles and videos on the history and use of vitamin C as a potent antiviral.
Nutrient Protocol to Support Immunity to Viral Infections
Consider checking to see how much of each of these nutrients you’re currently taking and then adjust your intake as necessary to get the totals listed below.
- Vitamin C: Begin with ½ teaspoon 3x a day of a fully buffered, fully reduced ascorbate vitamin C powder. Consider using vitamin C to bowel tolerance if needed (we use our Alkalini-C powder).
- Vitamin D: Achieve a 50 to 60 ng/ml blood level of vitamin D. If you are not yet taking vitamin D, start with 5,000 IU/day for two weeks, then reduce to 2,000 IU/day. If you are testing your vitamin D level, adjust your dose accordingly to achieve a level of 50 to 60 ng/ml blood level of Vitamin D.
- Quercetin and Pomegranate Anti-Oxidants: Take 500 to 2,000 mg quercetin dehydrate and pomegranate extract (found in 2 to 4 of our Alkaline for Life Relieve+Repair formula).
- Zinc: 20 mg/day
- Selenium: 100 to 200 mcg/day
- Magnesium: 400 mg/day, or more if directed by health practitioner
Follow an organic whole foods, immune-enhancing diet (as found in the Alkaline for Life diet https://www.betterbones.com/alkaline-balance/diet-plan/.
FDA Disclaimer: These statements have not been evaluated by the Food and Drug Administration. They are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.