Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States today. We all know that a lack of exercise, eating an inflammatory diet, having high blood pressure are all risk factors for heart disease. But, did you know that [...]
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- The DASH diet promotes heart health and reduces inflammation.
- Our Alkaline for Life Diet® is an optimized version of the DASH diet.
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States.
- Cardiovascular disease incidence has risen dramatically since 1900.
- The " Big 4" nutrients for heart health are [...]
For the millions of people worldwide eating a plant-based diet, vitamin B12 is a nutrient of concern. It is nearly impossible to obtain enough vitamin B12 from plant-based foods to [...]
Every other day we find a new and exciting article on the value of ascorbate. Recently, we came across this cohort study that looked at plasma concentrations of vitamin C and all-cause mortality. We found it [...]
Many of us have a sub-optimal intake of magnesium. In fact, HALF of the population in the United States does not even get the amount recommended to prevent deficiency, let alone for optimal health [...]
Magnesium is one of the most crucial yet often overlooked nutrients. It is the fourth most common mineral in the body, and the second most abundant mineral in human cells. This amazing mineral acts as [...]
Nuts and seeds are often overlooked, even in a healthy diet, but they’re a great source of several nutrients, including vitamin E, healthy mono and polyunsaturated fats, magnesium, and fiber. Nutrient rich, yet [...]