We’ve recently seen a positive new twist on the heart-health benefits of vitamin K. For the first time, researchers found that low serum levels of vitamin K1 (phylloquinone) were significantly associated with the [...]
It's hard to believe vitamin K2 as MK-7 (menaquinone-7) doesn’t get as much attention as calcium, magnesium or vitamin D, especially when you realize its power for building bone strength, helping to [...]
Heart disease is the #1 cause of death worldwide and the third leading cause of death in the United States, but it can be prevented through lifestyle choices such as diet, exercise and stress reduction. Vitamin C [...]
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States today. We all know that a lack of exercise, eating an inflammatory diet, having high blood pressure are all risk factors for heart disease. But, did you know that [...]
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- The DASH diet promotes heart health and reduces inflammation.
- Our Alkaline for Life Diet® is an optimized version of the DASH diet.
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States.
- Cardiovascular disease incidence has risen dramatically since 1900.
- The " Big 4" nutrients for heart health are [...]
For the millions of people worldwide eating a plant-based diet, vitamin B12 is a nutrient of concern. It is nearly impossible to obtain enough vitamin B12 from plant-based foods to [...]
Every other day we find a new and exciting article on the value of ascorbate. Recently, we came across this cohort study that looked at plasma concentrations of vitamin C and all-cause mortality. We found it [...]