An alkaline diet is largely a plant-based diet. Eating alkaline is an important way of eating to prevent today’s epidemic chronic degenerative diseases such as heart disease, stroke, hypertension, cancer, and osteoporosis [...]
Within the body, extreme systemic acidosis is incompatible with life. For example, diabetic acidosis can be life threatening. More important to us here is the fact that even slight acidosis, a slight acidic tilt, brings with it [...]
Alkaline balance is very important for bone health. We evolved in an alkaline environment, and even today our body’s internal environment remains alkaline, with a pH just above 7.0. Our enzymatic, immunologic, [...]
Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States today. We all know that a lack of exercise, eating an inflammatory diet, having high blood pressure are all risk factors for heart disease. But, did you know that [...]
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- The DASH diet promotes heart health and reduces inflammation.
- Our Alkaline for Life Diet® is an optimized version of the DASH diet.
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States.
- Cardiovascular disease incidence has risen dramatically since 1900.
- The " Big 4" nutrients for heart health are [...]
Among magnesium’s many roles as a regulator of physiological function is its prominent role in muscle contraction and relaxation. Put simply, calcium is responsible for muscle contraction, while magnesium is responsible [...]
In this article we will discuss the most tightly regulated balance within the human body: pH balance. The intent of this article is to advance general understanding of pH balance and, most particularly, clarify the impact that [...]