Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States today. We all know that a lack of exercise, eating an inflammatory diet, having high blood pressure are all risk factors for heart disease. But, did you know that [...]
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the U.S.
- The DASH diet promotes heart health and reduces inflammation.
- Our Alkaline for Life Diet® is an optimized version of the DASH diet.
In this article:
- Heart disease is the leading cause of death in the United States.
- Cardiovascular disease incidence has risen dramatically since 1900.
- The " Big 4" nutrients for heart health are [...]
Among magnesium’s many roles as a regulator of physiological function is its prominent role in muscle contraction and relaxation. Put simply, calcium is responsible for muscle contraction, while magnesium is responsible [...]
In this article we will discuss the most tightly regulated balance within the human body: pH balance. The intent of this article is to advance general understanding of pH balance and, most particularly, clarify the impact that [...]
I don’t know about you, but when I hear the word “detox” I think of laxatives, green smoothies, and lots of tea. What if I told you there is an essential nutrient that acts as an integral part of our own internal detoxification [...]
For the millions of people worldwide eating a plant-based diet, vitamin B12 is a nutrient of concern. It is nearly impossible to obtain enough vitamin B12 from plant-based foods to [...]
Every other day we find a new and exciting article on the value of ascorbate. Recently, we came across this cohort study that looked at plasma concentrations of vitamin C and all-cause mortality. We found it [...]