- User Instructions
- What Countries Can Access This Test?
Optimize your health potential by knowing your Vitamin D levels!
With this at-home blood test, identify your:
- Total Vitamin D in your blood (equivalent to 25-hydroxyvitamin D2 and D3 in plasma) using the gold standard LC-MS/MS method.
5 Simple Steps:
- Collect Sample - Follow the step-by-step instructions to collect your sample. Eating food, taking supplements, or getting a little sun exposure does not guarantee your Vitamin D levels will be in the desirable range.
- Mail Sample - Put your sample in the return envelope and drop it in the mail.
- Get Results - In 2-4 weeks you will get your personalized results.
- Modify Diet - Knowing your Vitamin D level will enable you to modify your sun exposure and intake.
- Monitor - Track how your dietary changes affect your blood levels by testing regularly.
The Vitamin D blood spot test measures the amount of total Vitamin D in your blood
(equivalent to 25-hydroxyvitamin D2 and D3 in plasma) using the gold standard LC-MS/MS method. A desirable Vitamin D blood level range is 30-50 ng/mL. As part of a healthy lifestyle, maintaining a desirable Vitamin D blood level should benefit your bone, brain, cell, immune and heart health. Once you know your Vitamin D levels,
you can better understand how your lifestyle (sun exposure, diet & supplementation) affects your Vitamin D levels and how to optimize your habits and status.
- Remove all components from the small plastic bag. Locate the collection card with the barcode on the front.
- Register the test kit at http://omegaquant.com/start using the barcode on the collection card. You will NOT receive your results unless it is registered.
- Fill out information requested on the collection card.
- Prepare for finger prick by improving blood flow by washing your hands in warm water and standing up and shaking your hand at your side.
- Clean the tip of the finger (index, middle, or ring) with the alcohol wipe. Allow alcohol to dry unassisted.
- Twist off the blue protective lancet cover. Place the lancet lightly on the tip of your clean finger and press downward firmly into your finger until a click is heard.
- Wipe away the first show of blood with gauze.
- Gently squeeze the finger to allow a blood drop to form. This can take 15-30 seconds - be patient.
- Let the blood drop off your finger onto the collection card into the center circle.
- Repeat steps 8-9 to collect all 3 blood spots.
- When the blood spots are collected, apply pressure to the finger with the gauze pad and bandage the prick site.
- Let the blood spot dry with the flap open for several minutes. Fold the flap on the collection card over to cover the dried blood spots.
- Place the sample collection card in the plastic bag and seal the bag. Place this bag in the pre-paid return mail envelope, then mail on the same day.
- Discard the lancet and other supplies in the trash.
All the test kits we sell have been registered specifically for processing at our US Lab which services:
- Central and South America
For UK & Australia customers, there is a slightly different process for purchasing our test kits. Contact us about getting a test kit here.
Our Product Guarantee for Alkaline-for-Life Branded Products*
Alkaline-for-Life formulations are backed by 40 years of clinical nutrition experience.
We only sell professional grade nutrients, meaning that the purity has been tested at a pharmaceutical grade or higher.
Full label disclosure is provided for all Alkaline-for-Life products — no hidden ingredients.
We fully believe that you will love this product and offer a 100%, no-questions-asked money back guarantee if you need to return it for any reason.
The best customer service in natural health! You can speak with our knowledgeable staff if you have any questions about your product. Please call 315-437-9384 if you need assistance.
*Does not apply to other vendors' products that might be sold on this site.